Wednesday, June 6, 2012

UNISEX RESTROOM IN THE COLFAX 7-11



The plastic placard labeled Employees must wash hands before returning to work 
stares at me as if it invented passive aggression amidst the fresh rank, feral

combustion, the kamikaze rainbow of browns on a canvas of bleach.  I am Clint Hill
frantically climbing the trunk of a Lincoln Continental stretch limousine. 

Maybe his sphincter felt the crack first, for his brain to catch up he had to abandon 
his digestive fail-safes.  Or he fancied his asshole a fire-hose, relishing the moment

of singular inertia.  He’s a sadist, finding comfort in his fecal closet, praying
his heart to stop, so he can rest, locked here forever.  He hates me, my excesses,

my employment, my splendor of dying retired in a luxurious tomb, buried
alongside a PERA account held from my checks.  He’s a student of revolution,

finding the seams of civilization for which to wedge his silent protest, degrading
the pillars of the free world, till they crumble around his pantless legs.  

He's Serrano, seeking grace through the profane, chasing the perfect timbre
of piss in a jar, to make sunlight soar.  Or maybe he's Pollock, just going for a shit,

the plainness of vinyl walls calling to him
with a sadness, quiet and infinite.  



No comments:

Post a Comment